Houthi war on Hajoor: 141,000 in dire situations
More than 141, 000 civilians are in dire humanitarian conditions due to the siege imposed by Houthi militia on Hajoor region in Yemen northwestern province of Hajjah , rights groups said.
Houthi militia has been waging an aggressive war against the region, forcing 3000 families to leave their houses, depriving over 20,000 children from schooling, according to rights reports.
The militia atrocities also forced the closure of 100 schools in the region by bombing many of them, while some transferred into shelters for displaced families.
Houthis have also denied the access of life-saving food and medicine aids to the besieged civilians. They’ve also prevented humanitarian organizations from delivering assistance to people.
The Executive Unit for IDP Camps Management has also warned of the aggravating humanitarian conditions in the district of Kushar which is under Houthi siege.
In a report yesterday, Wednesday, the Unit said that the coupist militia have been deploying their militants around the district in the northern Yemen province of Hajjah “obstructing food and medical deliveries to it”.
The report pointed out that “1669 families had been displaced to villages within the district and had to resettle in school buildings and mountain caves.” Other 1340 families had been displaced into the neighboring districts of Khairan al-Mahraq, Aslam and Abs” and even beyond the province of Hajjah.
The majority of Hajoor’s 141000 tribesmen who are staying in their homes under Houthi siege and threat of continuous shelling suffer a severe shortage of food in their homes and may starve if the months-long siege continues longer.