Yemen NGOs surprised by int’l community’s silence, inaction over Houthi Marib war
A number of rights organizations in Yemen have expressed their “surprise” over the international community’s silence and inaction regarding the Houthi militia’s war in Marib.
In a joint press release, the NGOs said they were surprised at the silence of the international community and the UN Special Envoy Martin Griffiths “regarding the military escalation of the terrorist [Houthi] militia that … including the attacks on population centers and IDPs camps with ballistic missiles.”
The statement said the Houthi escalation has exacerbated “the humanitarian suffering and threatens the security and safety of civilians and IDPs including women, children and the elderly in Marib.”
The organizations are namely the:
– Yemeni Alliance of Independent Women
– The European Organizations Allied for Peace in Yemen
– The Bloc of 8 March for Yemen’s Women
– The Alliance of Women for Peace in Yemen
– The Broken Wheelchair Organization for Landmine Victims.
– The Yemeni Women Empowerment foundation
– The Humanitarian League for Rights
– The Yemeni-German Forum for Rights and Freedoms
– The International Center for Media and Development
– The Yemeni-European House for Human Rights